Damn, I love the lance physics :D
A downloadable game for Windows
Slip into your favourite armour, grab your sturdiest lance and mount your trusty ostrich! Joustrich is a local multiplayer platformer that pitches 2 - 4 players against each other in an epically silly struggle of knights steering ostriches and throwing lances each other.
There is a shocking lack of games featuring these beautiful creatures known as ostriches. We aim to fill this gap. Additionally, Joustrich exhausts the possibilities of whacky movement controls that bird-based movement combined with twin-stick shooter-like combat offers.
Steering those damned birds
- While not airborne your ostrich can accelerate towards high speed and move to the left/right
- Ostriches can jump and flutter a little bit through the air
Stick ‘em with the pointy end
- At the same time as moving you need to control your weapon and aim at the enemy knights
- You can thrust your lance forward to throw it at the enemies
- After throwing the lance it sticks in the ground and you have to go and retrieve it!
(It only works with XBOX Controllers for now!)
Game Design, Programming and Game Art by:
Tilemap by the awesome Kenney!
Joustrich was developed as a student project at the University of Applied Sciences in Salzburg.
|Authors||The Pigeon Protocol, RaMo_teamhellep, MalevolentGoat|
|Genre||Action, Fighting, Platformer|
|Made with||GIMP, SFML, GameMaker: Studio|
|Tags||2D, Animals, Arcade, Local multiplayer, Pixel Art, Retro, SFML|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Player count||2 - 4|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- 't is done... for anonFeb 05, 2021